Saturday, December 5, 2020

Fortun Favi Fortus, Dum Spiro Spero

meaning: bersemangat, bersabar, bertahanlah!


Back in August on my days off, I went to Jogja city to (again) find tranquility. Turned out, the very first destination on my itinerary was this fancy coffee shop. Never thought that I and my cousin were the only visitors upstairs. We chatted and took some photos candidly. At the corner, there were these words written in the neon light which really appealing and saying, Dum Spiro Spero. 

Not forgetting to take those words and me in one picture then updated it a couple of days after. I just looked out the meaning right before I posted it. Then, here comes the reason why I got to visit that place on the first itinerary.

Dum Spiro Spero means While I Breathe, I Hope. 

I surprisingly found that tranquility pill at the first moment I was in Jogja. I think it told me: no matter how bad things happen to you, as long as you still breathe, you can always hope. Trust your hope. Just don't worry. Put your highest hope to The Almighty Allah, Rabbul 'Alamin. 

That words strengthen my bond with my hopes upon the sky. The hopes I forgot I once wrote before. It emphasizes myself to never let go off the hope. 

No comments:

Post a Comment